Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Project Completed


I'm happy to report I finished what I set out to complete today. The anniversary gift is done...at least the sewing portion. I probably will make some tempting chocolate confection because Tom loves chocolate, but that will be done on Friday while he is at work. I received payment for some hemming I did last month, so I treated myself to a shopping trip to Fabric Mart. I had never shopped there before, but after seeing all the beautiful things made from their fabrics, I had to give it a try. They had some pretty pieces for a terrific price. I bought several yards of a beautiful paisley print chiffon in browns and ambers that I think will make a lovely spring dress. I also purchased several yard of a bright turquoise jersey/lycra. I may make something for Sara, or if I like it, something for Mama. I also took a chance on a designer mystery bag of 10 yards total of different designer fabrics. I love remnants, so this should be fun...we'll see. It's late, so I better head to bed because tomorrow is another busy day.

No comments:

Project Dress a Girl

For the past couple of years, I have made dresses for Project Dress a Girl Around the World, in part thanks to the campaign launched by Mari...