Thursday, May 15, 2008

It's a Beautiful Day....

The sun came out and it was a beautiful day today! I didn't get a lot of sewing done, but I did get a lot accomplished. I finished the Vanka quilt last night and Nancy was thrilled to get it back! I bought fabric this morning online...did some thrift shopping...bought a new camo Ruger 10/22 for Tom...he is really reaching for excuses to buy guns now...he said he wanted to buy it for our grandson...you know the one that has not even been conceived yet!!! I feel like we have an unwritten rule in our marriage...he doesn't say anything about my sewing addiction and I keep mum about the hunting and fishing stuff. Truly, if it makes him happy and fits the budget...I don't care! We operate on making each other happy! Anyway, back to the happy day...baby shower for Holly and Kelly in the afternoon, then into Portland to pick up my family home movie DVDs. Took a trip down nostalgia lane and then it was outside to wash the car, rototill the garden, plant potatoes and transplant the basil and zucchini plants. Next up is perusing the pattern archives for the giveaway gifts...then I think it's time for bed.

No comments:

Project Dress a Girl

For the past couple of years, I have made dresses for Project Dress a Girl Around the World, in part thanks to the campaign launched by Mari...