Friday, August 22, 2008

It's Done!!!

I finished the retro dot costume (as the dress will probably always be known as) last night and it is fabulous. It fits me in all the right places and for being a pencil skirt type design it has remarkable ease. I was afraid it would be one of those dresses you look good in, but impractical for real life, but that is not the case. The only thing I think I would do different is use a little stiffer interfacing in the collar, but that is not a big issue. I hope to wear it tomorrow for graduation and will have my Hunny take a picture. I am really happy about all that I got done while Tom was gone hunting, but I am more happy that he is coming home today! It's fun to have some time to myself once in awhile, but it gets kind of lonely after a week. Besides, alone time is what a 24 hour shift is for. I can go cook dinner for the crew and then come home and be queen of the remote and do whatever I please! There is an Eleanor Burns trunk show starting today across from the library in our little town...surprising...I have never been to this little gift shop...they advertised that they will be selling fabric along with the quilt show...may have to sneak over there before Mr. Man gets home!

No comments:

Project Dress a Girl

For the past couple of years, I have made dresses for Project Dress a Girl Around the World, in part thanks to the campaign launched by Mari...