Monday, August 11, 2008

It's Monday...No Music today

Just a short shout out...I have lots to report on the music front when I download the rest of my pictures from the Jamboree. I had to download my man Trace right away, but the other card hasn't even been touched since we returned from vacation. I actually switched to a new 1G card before Trace's concert, because I didn't want to run out of room on the other 1G card. Like how many pictures do I need? Well....I took 118...of just Trace, but who's counting! Not all of them turned out fabulous of course, but there's enough good ones to wall paper my sewing studio. Stay tuned for pics of Glen Campbell, Neal McCoy, Joe Nichols, etc... I will get it together soon. Life has been such a whirlwind lately. The garden has been producing in hyperdrive, so the canning thing is in full swing. I've been itching to be stitching, which I should be able to do some on Wednesday. Tom has a frame swap to do and it may even flow over into Thursday. Then he received a call to go antelope hunting next week, so Mama will be on her own. I'm thinking it would be a great time to get a handle on the fall wardrobe. Also thinking about Christmas and making jewelry for my friends. JoAnn's has their string beads and stones on sale for 50% off starting Friday, so I am thinking about designs. Also another exciting distraction is that we are looking to buy some property in Central Oregon to build our retirement home! Had a wonderful time visiting friends there and decided that since we love to vacation there, we might as well live there. Seems rather weird to be thinking about actual retirement, but it is coming...we've been thinking about it for a long time and trying to plan responsibly, but it's tough to know what your actual "number" is. You hope to have enough to live comfortably, but what if you live longer than anticipated? Or you scrimp and save and then kick the bucket a week after you retire? What's the answer???

No comments:

Project Dress a Girl

For the past couple of years, I have made dresses for Project Dress a Girl Around the World, in part thanks to the campaign launched by Mari...