Wednesday, August 20, 2008

One Hot (Crazy) Mama

Yep...that's me! Yesterday was a fun day. I got a lot accomplished and I had fun too. I picked about 20# of green beans before the rain set in, I finished the freezer defrost project and moved the food back to the big freezer with some organization and I took my Oregon Jamboree pictures down to the pharmacy to be printed. I also went to the library to pick up some books and DVDs I had on hold. I rode my bike down to the post office. Not wild about highway riding, but I sucked it up and did it...I can be such a fraidy cat sometimes and it's silly...I used to ride my bike everywhere when I was a kid...maybe it's just experience that makes me cautious or the nurse in me that knows how bad it can be if you get hit by a car. Besides, Uncle Bruce was working for Tom and I would hate for the boys to have to come scrape me off the road! Late in the afternoon I popped in "This American Life" season 1 and played with my scrapbook supplies and my Trace pictures. I wanted to do a montage of some of the pictures to highlight my "Hot Mama" license plate I bought at the concert. I am very pleased with the results and it now hangs in a prime spot in my sewing studio. I felt like I was a teenager again...remember the pinups in 16 and TigerBeat magazine...come on, you know you do...the ones of Bobby Sherman and David Cassidy? Okay, maybe it was Shaun Cassidy for you, or even the "BSB" as Trace calls them! Anyway, it makes me smile and I love it!!! The furbabies and I were up early again today. I have the jars for the beans sterilizing in the dishwasher and will use the rest of the day for sewing. The retro dot dress should be finished today and I woke up with a plan to finish some new waterbed sheets. I have flat sheets in two colors...a moss green and a nice tan. I bought some camo fabric to make pillow cases and will add some of the sheet material that I cut off to make a cuff with "buck" and "doe" embroidered on it. Tom should love it...he likes anything camo! Guess I better get at it...coffee break is over!!! Later...

No comments:

Project Dress a Girl

For the past couple of years, I have made dresses for Project Dress a Girl Around the World, in part thanks to the campaign launched by Mari...