Saturday, November 15, 2008

Ramblings...

Nothing new on the sewing front, but I did finish the advent stockings for the kids last night. We went shopping to pick up a few last items for Bryce's stocking and had a wonderful meal at Applebee's. Then we came home, built a fire in the firepit and enjoyed the glow from the hot tub. We have lived in this house for almost 7 years and for some dumb reason have only rarely enjoyed the firepit. We agreed that a firepit needs to be placed at the old folks home...especially as we start to clear the land and develop it, because it gets darn cold in LaPine!!! I can hardly wait!!! In other thoughts, I am so done with Grey's Anatomy. They have really jumped the shark now with the whole Denny coming back ploy. Really, enough already...he's dead. A nice flashback once in awhile, maybe, but come on!!! Most medical shows use some creative license to make the drama move in a timely fashion and I can accept that. I started to get disheartened with the whole Meredith code after she drowned. Seriously...when a person is basically asystole for that long, they don't just automatically convert to a sinus rhythm without deficits. I started my nursing career in the hospital and there is a certain amount of shenanigans that does go on in the hospital, just like any workplace. But the whole practicing on unclaimed cadavers and then interns cutting each other to practice sutures? Even when I worked in the hospital (which was many moons ago), there was an accounting system for supplies and certainly injectable drugs that would have alerted the powers that be that there was something weird going on. I was really excited to see the return of Anthony Edwards to ER, but was afraid they had jumped the shark too, since Dr. Green had died of a brain tumor. I was pleasantly surprised. I was a loyal ER fan back in the day of Dr. Mark Green (Anthony Edwards), Dr. Doug Ross (George Clooney, the original McDreamy, imho) and Nurse Carol Hathaway (Julianna Margulies). As time passed, it became increasingly more difficult for me to stay up late enough to watch the show and so it fell by the wayside. ER also over dramatized a bit, but at least it was more believable. Anyway, back to Dr. Green's return...it was tastefully done as a flashback to tell the story of what happened to Dr. Cate Banfield (Angela Bassett). I like Anthony Edwards...always have. My favorite character of his was his portrayal of Goose in Top Gun. Top Gun is one of those classics I can watch over and over again. Especially the volleyball scene...can I get a witness??? Enough about fiction...back to our regularly scheduled topic...sewing. Tom is on duty today, so I will most likely get some quality time in on the coat...maybe even finish it tonight. Time to start cutting again...oh, the places we'll go!

No comments:

Project Dress a Girl

For the past couple of years, I have made dresses for Project Dress a Girl Around the World, in part thanks to the campaign launched by Mari...