Monday, December 15, 2008

Snow Day!

Here in the PNW we were hit with an arctic cold front. Things are not as bad as other areas of the country, but there was enough to keep me holed up at home creating (and cleaning). I finished 2 knit tops, made a new cover for the cat's bed and felted some new slippers for me. I am really getting into felting and was armed with several different slipper patterns to knit. None of them made sense to me. I can knit and purl and have even turned a heel now and again, but the acronyms and techniques were just not working yesterday. Perhaps I will find a nice knitting class or skilled knitter to teach me. I may be a confused knitter, but I can crochet like nobodies business. My Hunny suggested I make my own pattern, so that's what I did. The thing I like about felting is that if your item is too big, you can just throw it back in the hot water and agitate. But don't agitate too long or it will shrink too much. I finally downloaded a picture of the red jumper. The other thing that has been keeping me busy is feeding the birds and squirrels. Here are a few of my new friends.

2 comments:

Kat said...

That is such a cute jumper! Perfect for this time of year too :) . I think we're getting some of that Arctic cold front too. High of about 60 on Monday, and now we're barely reaching freezing with a little snow and freezing rain. The kids have a 2-hour delay this morning.

Catherine said...

Love your animal buddies! Sweet pictures. The red jumper is cute.

We live in high desert in Arizona and we were iced in for a short time. I`ll be happy for 50 today. Maybe melt some of that snow.

Project Dress a Girl

For the past couple of years, I have made dresses for Project Dress a Girl Around the World, in part thanks to the campaign launched by Mari...