Sunday, January 25, 2009

Dreaming of the next Project...

I am almost finished with Simplicity 2936 view F, a flirty little Spring blouse that I probably won't be wearing until this SNOW goes away! It is made from a sweet silky poly small floral print in a muted mustard yellow palette that I bought from the Bargain annex at the Mill End store in Portland. I imagine we will visit there on the Portland PR weekend or the Beaverton store. I have not shopped at the Beaverton store, but I'm sure it's just as fabulous. I shopped at the Mill End when I had to take Jo to the doggy dentist for surgery. It's a great resource...one I don't visit nearly enough...LOL!!! Many people have been sewing up this gem (BWOF 2/2008 103B)and it has been marinating on the back burner for me ever since it came out. After seeing all the great versions of it being displayed, I think it will be a nice addition to my wardrobe and something I can wear right away. I have a nice funky print in browns that I bought about a year ago just because I liked it. I hope to get the pattern traced out today and work on it this week on my days off. My husband went to a great class yesterday on remaining calm in stressful situations and he shared his enthusiasm when he got home last night. The trainer spoke about the value of "timeless activities" that help nurture us. Timeless, in terms of that we enjoy them so much that we lose track of time when we do them. He pointed out that my sewing is one of my timeless activities that help ground me. What activities are timeless in your life and do you take the time to enjoy the things that feed your soul?

4 comments:

Julia said...

Timeless Activities -
Rocking a newborn baby is NUMBER ONE on my list!!
Yes, sewing is definitely one,too. I forget to stop to eat most of the time when I'm sewing. I want to sew till I'm through and not take a break.
Reading is another. If I'm reading a page turner. I haven't had one lately, probably because I haven't had TIME to start a book.
Reading people's blogs is getting to be another.
Sitting in a hot bubble bath is anpther.
Then there are all those clock watching activities, like cleaning the kitchen, doing laundry, going grocery shopping, etc.... I could name plenty.

catspec said...

Hi Mary, I have nominated you for Kreativ Blogger award...you go to my blog and get the graphic link and see the "rules." :) Pretty casual, and it really is pretty as well. Sherril Miller nominated me, so I am passing it on.

Maryissewfast said...

Thank you Michele...I am honored to be nominated! Mary

Kat said...

My timeless activity is sewing too! BTW, I keep seeing this dress pop up all over the place so it's definitely an IN style.

Project Dress a Girl

For the past couple of years, I have made dresses for Project Dress a Girl Around the World, in part thanks to the campaign launched by Mari...