Monday, January 5, 2009

Merry Christmas to me!!!

My Christmas present arrived today...a gravity feed iron! I must comment that having the right tools really do make a difference! My Hunny was a sweetie and fixed me up with a hook for my water reservoir when I got home from work and then I went to town ironing everything in sight! I've never had a really good iron, in fact usually my irons were picked up at thrift stores or the cheapest model available. No more cheap irons for me!!!! It is a joy to iron now and I am looking forward to using it on my next sewing project. I went to work today for the first time in a couple of weeks and it really felt good (note this folks, because in a few months if we have a crazy class I won't be singing the same tune!!!) I'm teaching CPR and First Aid tomorrow to the kennel staff, so that should make for a fun day. The next class starts next Monday. It will feel so good to get back to a regular routine. Hopefully the weather will cooperate. Now I'm off to iron some more! :)

5 comments:

Adrienne said...

You will LOVE that Iron! I ADORE MINE!!!

Summerset said...

Lucky you! Enjoy it!

Sharon Sews said...

Fabulous gift!

Kat said...

Wow! What a wonderful present. I always chuckle how the "average" woman would probably be insulted to get an iron as a gift. But we sewers always get excited and happy about these things :) .

Maryissewfast said...

Amen to that Kat! My good friend Louise got an in-wall ironing board for Christmas after seeing mine and was ecstatic! One year I got a Honda rototiller for Mother's day...another "Best Gift Ever!!" I guess we are just exceptional women! Mary

Project Dress a Girl

For the past couple of years, I have made dresses for Project Dress a Girl Around the World, in part thanks to the campaign launched by Mari...