Sunday, January 18, 2009

My Holiday Weekend

Since I always work weekends, not much special going on for my holiday weekend except for making time and a half tomorrow. That's pretty special. I haven't sewn a stitch yet this weekend either. That's kind of a drag, but I haven't felt 100%...I think I caught one of the student's cold and I have been working on a jewelry project for my sister-in-laws birthday this week. I bought some wonderful stones at the Mystic Pony, but I didn't have the right findings or adhesive to make a pendant and my attempts at wire wrapping were pathetic at best. So those stones will have to wait and I will make a necklace, bracelet and earrings (maybe) with some red tigers eye chips and gold beads. I am just getting into jewelry making so I have alot to learn, but as in any new hobby it's a process and the more you do, the better you get! Tom picked up the 5th wheel today and it is sitting in our driveway. It will need a thorough cleaning and there are little things we need to do to make it how we want it. Tom plans to raie the stove up to the counter level and make a nice knife block behind the stovetop. The carpet in the living area will be replace with laminate which we already have and I plan to re-do the wall paper in the bedroom. I have a BOLO list (be on the look out) of things I need for the trailer which I will buy as things come on sale or I find at garage sales or thrift stores. I love the thrill of the hunt. Anyway, that's about it for the weekend...hopefull next week will bring more energy and more production!

No comments:

Project Dress a Girl

For the past couple of years, I have made dresses for Project Dress a Girl Around the World, in part thanks to the campaign launched by Mari...