Monday, January 12, 2009

Taking Care of Business...

That's what I was doing yesterday in the studio. I listened to cassette tapes all day (but didn't make it to BTO, although I did listen to the best of the Guess Who...Randy Bachman's in the band...does that count?) I don't know why, I do quirky things like that...just listen to a certain genre or media. Of course the music was all classic from the 50's on up to the mid 80's...whenever CD's took over. Aside from rocking out to the soundtrack of my life, I finished up some UFO's that had been sitting around. I made 2 tops and a purse and still had time to bake bread and cook dinner for my dear Hunny when he returned to the firehouse after his class. It feels good to get some traction on projects started and abandoned for a more exciting prospect. All that is left in the project bin is a purse started last Spring (Or was it the Spring before???) and it can wait a few more months because a light colored purse doesn't stand a chance in this winter wonderland! Next up are some shirts made out of some nice cotton shirting from Fabric.com. I plan to cut 3 or 4 out that can be stitched with white thread. The serger is ready...3...2...1...GO!!!

1 comment:

Kat said...

Yes! You are taking care of business, and it sounds like you have good plans for the coming week or two with those shirts.

Project Dress a Girl

For the past couple of years, I have made dresses for Project Dress a Girl Around the World, in part thanks to the campaign launched by Mari...