Thursday, February 19, 2009

Use What You Have

Today I finally got some machine time. I didn't work on any of the things I had cut out, but I started (and finished) a new project that had been percolating in my head when I awoke at 4:00 a.m. the last two mornings. I have been collecting household items for the new trailer and I needed a mattress pad/cover. The previous owners gave us a thick foam pad that they used on top of the mattress. We looked at alot of 5th wheel trailers when we were shopping and the common denominator was the mattresses were never comfortable. I think a good mattress would be a great selling point, but obviously the manufacturers think this is a good place to cut corners. I digress...back to the mattress pad. They can be very expensive. It came to me one morning that I have yards of fleece...it was the right width to fit the top of the bed, so all I had to do is add side pieces and finish the bottom edge with elastic and voila! Perfect mattress pad that feels really soft. It felt good to sew something...anything!!! I also finished the wallpaper project in the trailer bedroom and scraped off all the little rubber tub decals and it is now clean and ready for the new bath mat. I drove my Hunny to Camper's World to pick up some other pieces he needed for his projects and then we went to GI Joe's to get stuff for his upcoming fishing trip. We found some reading glasses for him at the Dollar Tree. He decided to pick up several pair so he can have some for work, home, the truck, the boat...he really liked the tortoise shell frames. Just like his biological father wore...hmmmm...kinda freaky!!! Home for a pizza dinner and now Survivor...Good days off

2 comments:

Diana said...

Hi..

Just passed by your blog, and would like to tell you that you really inspire me to work hard on my just-started business.. Great blog you have here.. All the best in your sales!

Regards
Diana
http://djstoreroom.blogspot.com

Kat said...

That's great! I think I use my fleece for so many things, other than my original intention when I bought it. Lots of tops went by the wayside. Scarves, hats, gloves, blankets...anything but. Well, I guess I did make a few at the beginning, and come to think of it, the big piece I used for my blanket ended up being jackets for my sons last fall.

Project Dress a Girl

For the past couple of years, I have made dresses for Project Dress a Girl Around the World, in part thanks to the campaign launched by Mari...