Tuesday, March 3, 2009

I Survived, part deux

I made it through another double...AMEN!!! I had a sympathetic friend at work who was also working a double, so it was all good. (Hey Erin...if you have your ears on!!!) We spent all day in downtown Portland, which was my first visit to our new "Portland Center". Our new lounge is right on the max line and right across the street from a bar (I won't elaborate on what challenges that poses). I really didn't have too much to do medically, which is always a good thing, but I did busy myself with other tasks that needed to be done and running out to get things for students per their request. It was a beautiful day, so I did manage to grab a few minutes for myself to walk up to the Button Emporium (which I had never been to), but it is closed on Mondays so I didn't get to really check it out...looked interesting through the windows. That part of downtown is a little tore up with the transit mall remodel that has been ongoing for over a year now. It was an okay day, albeit a long one. It was great to come home and see my big guy (DH) and my little man (Jo). Jo normally goes to work with me, but being that I was going to be out of the office for an extended time, I didn't want him to be alone for that long or have the dorm staff have to babysit him. Besides, he had fun staying home with Papa and playing with Hayden who came for a visit while I was gone.(Damn work anyway!!! LOL) Anyway, back to my day off...I have lots of plans for today...one surprise that I can't talk about until it is complete and the concerned parties are notified. Guess I should pay bills today, but other than that, I am going to rip it up in the studio! Need to straighten up and make a clear path for the EMP to come out (I'm always afraid we're going to drop it or fall down the stairs when it goes for maintenance) I also need to call Capital One about our 1099INT (grrrrr). Not that I'm in a hurry to do taxes, but yeah...I'm in a hurry to do the damn taxes!!!! I'll be glad when this part of the year is done and I can focus more on the fun things...like the garden and PR weekend! Come On Spring!!!

No comments:

Project Dress a Girl

For the past couple of years, I have made dresses for Project Dress a Girl Around the World, in part thanks to the campaign launched by Mari...