Sunday, May 3, 2009

Marathon Finished!!!

Here is a picture of Sara crossing the finish line. It was a perfect day for running in Eugene (when isn't it a perfect day to run in Eugene?). There was a little bit of rain, it wasn't too cold and there were crowds of people there to cheer on the runners. The race course ran right behind our motel, so the girls and I were able to catch Sara at the 10 mile mark. She was looking good there...running strong. About halfway she reported things were getting a little tough. Luckily I had the foresight to tuck her flip flops in my back pack when I was packing up the room, because the first thing I want to do after a run is get my shoes off. It paid off when she texted me to get her flip flops. That's another cool thing I learned...how to text. I am not always the most up on technology, not because I find it difficult, but I tend to ignore it until it directly smacks me in the face and I have to use it. Unless of course it has to do with sewing and I'm all down with that technology. I will leave you with her medal picture as it is almost feeding time. A girl burns alot of calories running 26.2 miles!

5 comments:

gwensews said...

Congratulations to your lovely daughter. You must be so proud!

Julia said...

Wow congratulations! Check out my blog to see the award you are receiving.

Gretchen the Household Deity said...

What an impressive accomplishment! I hope she was impressed with your mom psychic ability to have her flip flops ready.

Summerset said...

Congrats! What an accomplishment!

Kat said...

Whoa! That's quite a run!!! Great for her--that's AWESOME.

Project Dress a Girl

For the past couple of years, I have made dresses for Project Dress a Girl Around the World, in part thanks to the campaign launched by Mari...