Saturday, June 27, 2009

I Hate my Brother...

Sewing machine, of course!!! If you follow me, you already knew that my Brother ULT 2003D died last week. This is not a new thing for this machine. I took it in with hopes of trading it off, but they were not interested. The good news is the repair was still under warranty from the last death, so they would fix it at no charge. Yesterday I picked it up and after finishing my chores for the evening sat down to try it out. The test stitching they did looked fine, but was done on a stiff fabric. I sampled with a cotton. Straight stitching fine...Zig-zag drew up the fabric terribly. Put on the embroidery arm and attempted a simple embroidery...WTH??? It looks like there is little to no bobbin tension. I am sew annoyed! So back it goes...I just want to get it sewing correctly so I can sell it. But then again, my dilemma is...I have had so much trouble with it...can I really pass it on to someone else in good conscience or is it destined to be a boat anchor?

3 comments:

ACorgiHouse said...

Hard question. Has it so tainted your feeling for it that you couldn't keep it as an "emergency backup machine?" Then again, each person has their soulmate even in machines, and somebody out there might be looking for just what you have. Hard to say. Good luck. K

Julia said...

Sell it to the repairperson who is supposed to be "fixing" it!

Kat said...

Mary, I vote boat anchor. Anything that causes our beloved hobby grief means it's time to go.

Project Dress a Girl

For the past couple of years, I have made dresses for Project Dress a Girl Around the World, in part thanks to the campaign launched by Mari...