Tuesday, October 27, 2009

A Moment to Pause

My days off have begun in earnest. I think it is important to take a moment to pause, or at least as long as you can with 3 birds, 3 cats and 2 dogs waking you up for some love and attention. The Chief woke me up at about 3:00 this morning...in my face purring and patting my cheek...NOT COOL! I managed to stave her off a little longer until she found my feet at the edge of the covers and started hooking them with her claws. Of course when I shooed her off the bed, the guardian Pom went off like a siren! The old man Figaro was oblivious to it all...like me, his main interest was SLEEPING! Anyway, I have been up for a couple hours now...enjoyed my coffee and computer time, read the paper and now am contemplating where the day might lead. I always feel like I must be accomplishing so much every day, I think it's good to just slow down and let the day just happen...so that's what I intend to do. Another thought I had today (sewing related) is that it makes me really happy when my sewing brings joy to people. I do sew for money, and while cash is good, nothing gladdens my heart more than when a customer calls me up just to tell me their dress is perfect and they are now "twirling" in their living room. That makes it worthwhile for me! And since this is a random thought post, I must say "Hats off the the USPS!" My Team Edward girls in the UK got their care package in less than a week and are having fun with all their Twilight goodies...now I need to finish up the Advent stockings for the kids and think about what to make for Christmas presents for my girlfriends. What are you all making this year for Christmas?

5 comments:

Julia said...

i have some thoughts about making some Christmas gifts, but I'm afraid to think too seriously about it because I probably won't have time. Last year I made towel head wraps (to put on after a shower to dry hair) for my girls, my sister, my sils and my cousin. The year before they got aprons.

Myra said...

I have no idea... other than the kids are getting whole cloth blankets, quilting cotton in their favorite print backed with flannel.

gwensews said...

I made a "pre Christmas" gift for my daughter. It's a "Santa Purse",which is a red satin quilted purse with white fur trim. I can't blog it yet because I want to surprise her with it on Thanksgiving. I'm making 2 aprons to take to dinners for Hostess gifts.

Becky Andrews said...

Love your title - a moment to pause. We all need that and hope you had a chance to do so. Christmas - yikes! Did start making a mental list while I was at a conference today. I am making my family gratitude journals - haven't gotten past that. By the way, we are coming to oregon next week for the luncheon - will you be there?

Kat said...

You're amazing, Mary. You work and do sewing for others on the side. Wow!

Project Dress a Girl

For the past couple of years, I have made dresses for Project Dress a Girl Around the World, in part thanks to the campaign launched by Mari...