Saturday, November 14, 2009

Date Night Report

Yes Gwen, we were home by 10:00!!! Actually we were home before 7:30.  We went to dinner at a local chinese place we love and had a nice meal, stopped at the post office to check the mail and then went home.  Pretty boring stuff, huh?  It was nice to get in our comfy clothes and enjoy a little GAC before Law and Order came on.  The pets also served as live entertainment.  The Chief hid under a pile of pillows and swatted Jo when he got close.  I am so my Mother!!! :)  We watched the new Blake Shelton video "Hillbilly Bone" which is a duet he did with my man Trace.  Can't go wrong with that combo, so I had to go online and get the ringtone, which is something I never do...I pretty much repel cell phone technology.  I'm not a texter by any means and so I struggled with downloading the ringtone, so my hero came to my rescue again.  So I have a cool new ringtone on my cell.  Call me!  I didn't get any work done on my coat last night (because that wouldn't be very partner like on date night!), but I did review the directions for a new in the hoop project I purchased from Moose B Stitching for a keychain Purell case.  I had designed a pattern to make my own, but in the hoop patterns on the embroidery machine are so quick and easy, so I took the easy way out.  I already had an in the hoop tissue case from Embroidery Library. I plan to make at least 15, so once I get in a rhythm it should go quickly.  Hopefully I will have some done to photograph tonight.  I am wearing my Maggy London dress today and will get pics when I get home.  I wore it with black boots for a more casual look, but styled differently it would make a great dinner dress. More later...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that song! Just caught it on the radio the other day, and loved it. So, we like the same music, we like the same movies, we're both married to firefighters, both have embroidery businesses, and love to sew. I love the internet!

Maryissewfast said...

Yeah...the internet...it's a good thing (I am soooo not Martha Stewart!!!)

gwensews said...

Your date night sounds like ours. Sometimes we throw in a little Wii for excitement!

Project Dress a Girl

For the past couple of years, I have made dresses for Project Dress a Girl Around the World, in part thanks to the campaign launched by Mari...