Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Date Report...

Another fabulous year at the Sports Show.  We took in a couple of classes.  The Fly Fishing Central Oregon was very inspirational and I loved that the instructor highlighted some of my favorite lakes! He called Crane Prairie his "social fishing spot" where he likes to take friends and family (not customers).  And the good news is that the trout are making a comeback in Crane.  Small mouth bass were introduced illegally into the reservoir and the balance had been upset, but things are improving.  He also talked alot about Browns in East lake, which I would really like to fish.  East Lake is another crater lake...sister to Paulina (one of my most favorite spots in the world)...absolutely beautiful!!! We usually run into someone we haven't seen in forever and today was no exception.  I had just been telling the students about a state police officer we knew when we lived on the coast who had let me off once when I got caught speeding.  This officer was known for being tough...to quote my husband's BFF "Swede would give his own Mother a ticket!!!" He had transferred to Fish and Game a long time ago and we all have moved on...He was working at the show in the Fish and Game booth! Small world!!! We had a wonderful time, capped off with a wonderful meal when we returned home...Happy!!!  Tomorrow is the Chief's surgery...all the animals are up in arms because the food and water have been pulled...sorry guys...NPO after 2000!!! Up early with lots of chores to do...maybe some sewing in the afternoon???

1 comment:

Maiden Jane said...

You won my yellow yarn! If you can email your address to me I will send it out to you.

Project Dress a Girl

For the past couple of years, I have made dresses for Project Dress a Girl Around the World, in part thanks to the campaign launched by Mari...