Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Jalie Scarf Collar Top

What an amazing pattern my friends! I cut out a quick muslin last night with a yard of fabric I picked up at the thrift store for 50 cents because I wanted to try out the burrito roll technique and check size before I cut into my prized fashion fabric! What a joy to sew! I had that baby whipped out in under an hour...before Hawaii Five-O was over! The collar trick was brilliant! If you haven't tried it, give it a shot and sew on faith.  For anyone who has ever sewed the wrong sleeve to the wrong armscye, or did some other unfortunate faux pas...this is foolproof if you pay attention to the markings and directions.  I think I will go whip out a "real" one before work today. It's my Friday and I think that's cause to celebrate with a new top, don't you?

No comments:

Project Dress a Girl

For the past couple of years, I have made dresses for Project Dress a Girl Around the World, in part thanks to the campaign launched by Mari...