Tuesday, November 2, 2010

I'm a Joiner

Yes. When I see a good idea I like to jump on the bandwagon and participate. I especially like the things that don't have a concrete deadline, because I hate feeling pressured.  Like the Hepburn/Hepburn project. Nobody is telling me that my Hepburn inspired wardrobe must be done by December 1st (or insert any arbitrary date of your choosing). It's all go at your own pace. Or the Never Too Many White Shirt project that Barb just started. No rules. Well, maybe one...your shirt should be white, but that's a detail I can live with. I had been thinking my wardrobe needed some more white shirts. Plus it dovetails nicely with the Hepburn/Hepburn project.  What I have accomplished so far...drumroll please....
I have finished 2 buttondown shirts, one with short sleeves and one with long that will work nicely in my Hepburn/Hepburn project. One is plaid and the other is a great stripe, so does not apply for a white shirt.  I have almost finished a white turtleneck ala BurdaStyle 9/2010 sans coverstitch hems
This top whipped up super easy and I see it as a TNT turtleneck staple in my closet. I have a Missoni knit that I intend to make into another soon.  Cut out and ready for construction is Ottobre design Nora in a nice white thin bamboo knit, without the rosettes. This is my first Ottobre, but I think I am going to enjoy working with their designs. My husband commented that the models are real people, which is a big plus in my books. I have pulled all my white fabric out of the fabric cave and will be doing some wovens, in case you were worried that I am a one knit wonder!  As for the rest of my Hepburn/Hepburn plan, I have some trousers on the horizon as well because woman cannot wear a white shirt alone!

3 comments:

gMarie said...

Oh! Who is this woman doing the white shirts? I wear a white t-shirt most days of the week. Could use a white button down or 5.

Can't wait to see real photos of the shirts not just teasy links. g

My Owl Barn said...

Hey! You are one of the winners of the owl baby sweater pattern giveaway on My Owl Barn. Congratulations! Please send me your email so I can send you the pdf. Have a great day!

Donna said...

Hi Mary, That sounds lovely!! I bet you will look great in those blouses. Will you show us pictures?

I haven't made a blouse in a very long time. But I'm a huge fan of Audry Hepburn. Her clothes always looked fantastic!

Donna @ Comin' Home

Project Dress a Girl

For the past couple of years, I have made dresses for Project Dress a Girl Around the World, in part thanks to the campaign launched by Mari...