Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Keeping Promises

I said I'd take a picture, so I did! Here I am in the leggings, the Jalie scarf tie top and the newly minted Jalie cardigan. I took about a dozen pictures and while not perfect, this was the pick of the litter.  I could never be a model because I always look like a dork in photographs (self assessment).  Without further ado...
The Jalie cardigan is a winner pattern. Even though the crochet like knit fabric was a bear to work with, the pattern itself went together  like a dream and I definitely will make more of these. It is comfy and fits well. Move over cardi-wrap...there's a new sweater in town! On to new business...I got the fire department label job and am looking for a good price on 1 1/2' adhesive velcro hook tape. I only need 20 feet, so buying a roll for 25 yards seems like overkill, but I'm having trouble finding a vendor that sells it by the yardage.  I need to call Fabric Depot and check Home Depot and Lowes too.  Any other ideas??? I may even consider sew on and apply my own adhesive...that might be a better option because I could control the sticky because I'm going to sew the edge anyway...hmmm???? On to old business...the floors need to be swept and vacuumed, so I best be getting off the computer and getting my chores done before we head off to work...more later...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look great! Wonderful projects.

Taking pics of onesself is sooo difficult and embarassing.

Anonymous said...

atlanta thread company sells hook and loop tape by the yard, and its not expensive at all!

Irene said...

The outfit looks lovely and you look wonderful. Seems as though everyone is hardest on themselves about how they look in pics.

Summerset said...

Looks great - don't be too hard on yourself. I think it is good to see how these pieces look on everybody, not just the models on the pattern envelope! You're tall and can really be an inspiration to those tall girls out there and to us short ones, too.

Anita (Summer Gypsy) said...

The outfit looks beautiful on you. What a nice job you've done of creating it and photographing it.

The Slapdash Sewist said...

Joann sells adhesive hook-and-loop, if it comes to that. However, if you are sewing over the velcro I do recommend that you just use your own adhesive. Sewing over adhesive is an absolute nightmare as the need must be cleaned with a cotton swab dipped in alcohol every inch or so. Nightmare.

gMarie said...

We need to read my Sally! And I find if I'm doing something - talking to the dogs, knitting, anything and then JB calls my name so I look - while I'm standing straight with everything sucked in - I think my face looks better. Try not posing. Hard when you have to take your own photos though.

Love the outfit. I want to be half as productive as you when i grow up.

Do you come up for the Puyallup Expo? Let me know - I'm aways, but I have a spare room. g

Project Dress a Girl

For the past couple of years, I have made dresses for Project Dress a Girl Around the World, in part thanks to the campaign launched by Mari...