Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Still Plugging Away...

Apologies for the lack of pictures...I have been sewing every spare minute I can catch, but the camera...not so much! Soon I will have a photo shoot.  I worked a double shift yesterday and am covering tonight, so only a little time to sew this morning. Last night when I got home I got some good work done on the crochet lace Jalie cardigan. I am sew in love with this pattern! Thank you again to Barbara who gifted me the pattern! I have not found a Jalie pattern yet that I haven't loved, so I guess when they come out with a new style I like I may as well just buy it, because I find myself reaching for those patterns over and over again.  I already have plans to cut another one out today (shhh, it's a gift!) Still loving the Janome Coverpro...Tom is making me an aluminum plate for attaching my binders.  They want $80.00 for a generic plate off ebay or you can buy a binder plus the necessary plate from Janome for a higher sum! Thank God for all the great information on Pattern Review.  Debbie Cook and Vonnevo are my personal heros...well, right up there behind my sweet husband who looked at all the information and said "I can do that". The great snow event that they were predicting didn't effect me too much.  Everywhere around campus had snow and ice, but when I went to leave work last night the ice was almost melted off the car. Nice!!! Halfway down Kelso to the golf course, the precipitation was freezing on my windshield...the windsheild that had the defrosters blowing full blast on them! Uh-oh!!! Another half mile and it stopped doing that, but it served as a reminder not to be too trusting of Mother Nature! I made it down the hill without incident and safely home to stitch a stitch, which is what I'm going to do now so I can have a new lace cardi to wear to work! Happy Wednesday!

1 comment:

Irene said...

Can't wait to see all that you've been stitching up!

Project Dress a Girl

For the past couple of years, I have made dresses for Project Dress a Girl Around the World, in part thanks to the campaign launched by Mari...