Sunday, February 13, 2011

Practicing for Me-Made-March

Somehow my ensemble today ended up being all clothing constructed by Moi! Black leggings, turquoise tunic and the most wonderful lace Jalie cardigan!
The shoes are new as well. I picked up some Tsubos from 6PM.com and these are the most comfortable shoes ever! I had never even hear of them until I started lusting after Sal's boots at Already Pretty. Thanks Sal for my new addiction! Speaking of new addictions, have any of you tried the new salted caramel hot chocolate at Starbucks? Hello, Lover...I had one Friday and on the way back to campus it dawned on me...I have salt...I have caramel...I have hot chocolate!!! I can make my own!!! I used just a pinch of rock salt in the bottom of the mug, about a tablespoon or two of caramel syrup with a package of hot chocolate. Add the water and gently stir (you want the salt to stay at the bottom). Pure deliciousness!!! Sorry...I got distracted. Back to my ensemble. I accesorized with a new pin I just got off ebay. I love bears and I love being a nurse, so when I saw this pin I had to have it. Luckily I got it for $1.50, so I am happy and thrifty!
It is not easy to take a picture of your own chest...this was like take 6. What can I say??? Hope you all will consider Me-Made-March. It's a great way to show your talents!

5 comments:

Sharon Sews said...

I feel like I've been living in a non-sewing cave lately. I had not heard of this...I just may join you.

Maryissewfast said...

Please do Sharon...I know you have some great me made garments in your closet!

Irene said...

Very lovely outfit - and that pin is absolutely adorable!

Marjie said...

I love that pin. My daughter is in nursing school, and I know she would, too.

I followed GMarie's link here. I'm going to join in Me-Made March, too, if I can get pictures taken! Self timer and crap shots, anyone?

Maryissewfast said...

Welcom Marjie! Glad you are joining us. Here is a link to get one of those pins in pewter for your daughter http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Pewter-Nurses-Make-All-Better-Pin-RN-LPN-MA-/250718480722?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a5ffc6952 I am turning into the ebay queen...probably should start selling stuff again! :)

Project Dress a Girl

For the past couple of years, I have made dresses for Project Dress a Girl Around the World, in part thanks to the campaign launched by Mari...