Monday, March 7, 2011

MMM: Day 7

What I wore on my day off running errands, thrifting, making angels and baking. Not necessarily in that order. The me made item is a Burda knit twist top I made a year or so ago. I tend to gravitate towards knits because they are so easy care. I have been furiously making angels for a fundraising auction I am participating in for Airman Nicholas Alden's family. Airman Alden was killed last week in Germany and he and his family are stationed at Lakenheath, UK., where Bryce, Sara and Colt are. This tragedy really struck close to home and I wanted to help. An auction site has been set up on Facebook and I have pledged to make a lace angel ornament for all who donate $20.00 to the fund. There are many other great items to bid on and anyone can donate something to auction off. It's a great way to use our craftiness for a higher power. I will write a post with more details soon. I have the bread in tho oven and it's about time to go start another angel. Tomorrow is a double shift and later in the week I get to go to the south coast for a seminar. Looking forward to seeing some of my old friends. Later...

1 comment:

Vintage Girl said...

How fun, it's nice to wear the garments you make. I am sewing summer stuff so still waiting on the weather. Like the top, nice job!

Project Dress a Girl

For the past couple of years, I have made dresses for Project Dress a Girl Around the World, in part thanks to the campaign launched by Mari...