Thursday, July 14, 2011

Pitbull Skirt...Part One

While I wait for the fabric to come for Nancy's skirt, I digitized the picture she sent me into an applique to embroider on the skirt. I present to you, the pitbull:
I'm really pleased how this turned out. I have been busy in the sewing room this morning, finishing up a sorbetto muslin that is not wearable by the way. I used a stretchy gauze remnant I had and the neck was a little too stretched out, but I nailed the dart perfectly by lowering it about 3/4 of an inch. The Jalie top ended up a wadder, well not exactly a wadder in the sense that it is unwearable...it just is too big on me and I really didn't care for the tulip sleeves as I thought I would. I have made this pattern before, but I think the fabric had more stretch this time than the previous versions. Anyway, I took a break from sewing to eat way too many cherries (don't you love it when fruit is in season) and I'd best be getting back to business before time to leave for work. I have to allow extra time lest the spoiled pom tries some more shenanigans today!

3 comments:

Irene said...

The pitbull got my attention! That is one adorable applique.

mlessis said...

wow great job! what program do you use to digitize with.

Sewfast said...

I use Embird software for digitizing. I had PE Design, but never quite got the hang of it, so I sold it.