Monday, October 3, 2011

Sewing In the Rain...

Not literally of course...yesterday the rain came in earnest and today looks to be more of the same. I don't mind rain too much on my days off, especially when I have projects to work on in the studio. I finished a time sensitive project yesterday while watching old movies (Turner & Hooch, followed by An Affair to Remember) I always get inspired by Deborah Kerr's wardrobe when I watch that movie. Isn't this dress just the greatest?
I adore how the the drapey chiffon cowl in the back weaves throught the front of the bodice. Every time I watch this movie I swear I'm going to copy that. Must be old age setting in because in a week I'll probably forget about it and be dazzled the next time I watch the movie! Today should be more of the same in the studio, with the exception of hitting the treadmill first. That is, once I get this lovey dovey cat off my lap. The Chief is very selective with her affections. You take it on her terms, not your own! If I don't do the exercise part first, I get too engaged in other things and it's easy to say to Hell with it! A few errands down town and the rest of the day is technically mine! Happy Monday!

5 comments:

gMarie said...

It's raining here today. I'm not feeling well, so I'm hunkered down on the couch wish I felt up to sewing. g

Maryissewfast said...

Ah...feel better soon Gaylen!

Marjie said...

Rain here, too. I feel like I've moved to Seattle. No sewing for me between 6PM Sunday and 6PM Friday, or no one would ever eat, go to school or work. I get obsessive.

And I've been watching that new show Pan Am, and thinking about how to incorporate some of those lines into my clothes. Hubby chuckles at me.

Maryissewfast said...

I know Marjie...those fashions are from my prime time...God help us when the 80's roll around again! :)

The Slapdash Sewist said...

It rained all day Saturday and I was so cozy in my sewing room. Hope you had a good day!

Project Dress a Girl

For the past couple of years, I have made dresses for Project Dress a Girl Around the World, in part thanks to the campaign launched by Mari...