Friday, July 6, 2012

First House/Last House

Wow, what a whirlwind summer this has been so far! It looks like it will continue to be hectic, but life is pretty exciting right now, so I'll just roll with it. I took two weeks off at the end of June to work on the LaPine property. We had a memorial service to go to near Medford mid vacation, so since we were close to Klamath Falls, Tom took me for a trip down memory lane. We lived there during the first year of our marriage and actually bought our first house there. We had to plug it into the GPS because it had been that long (30+ years). We traveled past the tire store we used to work at (now a plywood store), past Kingsley field which had grown up considerably and when we rounded the corner to Old Midland road I squealed with delight to see the old house still standing. There were some differences...my white picket fence was gone, but it still was painted white and I swear the front door is still the same. It needed replacing when we lived there! Here she is circa 2012:

I was almost giddy to see my little mini farm again. We had a lot of good times there...takes me back!
So what about the last house you ask? An opportunity arose for us to purchase the house next to our LaPine lot and it looks like it is all going to work. I loved this house from the moment I saw it, but never thought we would be able to afford it. Thanks to our sagging economy my dream house is within reach and although she need some work, we are doubling our acreage and have our retirement home now. Here she is:

She has great character and high ceilings for Grandpa Louis' elk and Tom's other trophys. I'm super excited about my beautiful new kitchen:
Not much sewing going on...just the usual business jobs...nothing for me. I hope to rectify that soon. Mama needs a new dress!

9 comments:

Amy Bailes said...

I love your new house! It's fabulous!!!

Irene said...

Your new house looks absolutely wonderful!

gMarie said...

Mary How freakin' exciting! Last time we talked, it wasn't going to work. You'll have to email me and give me all the deets. And catch up on Army Wives before you do - please????

g

The Slapdash Sewist said...

Wow, congratulations on the house! Looks like a wonderful place to retire.

Randy Robinson said...

The last house is adorable. All that outdoor space is ideal for people who enjoy long leisurely walks in the afternoon. I do hope that it is within short driving distance from the nearest supermarket, to avoid inconvenient long trips when you run out of supplies.

Jane M said...

Oh, that house, that kitchen, what a wonderful new home. Congrats!

Darius Degross said...

Gorgeous! I love the look of your kitchen! It’s very spacious and you can totally move around freely. I hope you can post more photos of your new house. Anyway, congratulations! Seems like you made a great choice! =)

Carmen Monrovia said...

If I were to pick one of these houses, I would pick your house on the first picture. I just love the ambiance. It feels so relaxing and peaceful, but don't get me wrong, though. Your second house is just as good as your first one. I just love the peaceful environment, that's all. :)

Genny said...

I love your retirement house too! It’s more spacious and it looks more peaceful there, a perfect place for your grandpa. Anyway, are those trees pine trees? Being surrounded by this kind of tree can make you feel like it’s Christmas every day! Haha!

-Genny Stutesman

Project Dress a Girl

For the past couple of years, I have made dresses for Project Dress a Girl Around the World, in part thanks to the campaign launched by Mari...