Saturday, December 29, 2012

Jack Reacher

Tom had been housebound long enough so today we took in a matinee. We saw Jack Reacher which was based on the Lee Child novel "One Shot" starring Tom Cruise. Best Tom Cruise since Top Gun! I admit I once had a little obsession with the volleyball scene, but I was more of a Goose fan or in Val Kilmer's camp before he let himself go...hehehe! How the times have changed! Lee Child actually has a cameo role in the movie, so watch for it! Now back to sewing!!!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Lee Child is my favorite author, and I was excited about the movie until I heard that Tom Cruise had the starring role. Nothing against him, but he is SO not Jack Reacher. I think it would bug me the whole movie long.

I heard just today that "One For The Money" by Janet Evanovich will be in movie form soon as well. Katherine Heigl is Stephanie Plum and that works for me. The critics were giving it thumbs down though ...

Maryissewfast said...

I know Andrea...sometimes the actor they cast is not who you picture in your head when you are reading the books. Since that series is still on my "to read" list, I didn't have a visual to get in the way. I am excited for "One for the Money", although I hear chatter that the actor they cast as Morelli is WRONG! We'll see...

Project Dress a Girl

For the past couple of years, I have made dresses for Project Dress a Girl Around the World, in part thanks to the campaign launched by Mari...