Monday, May 6, 2013

Good fabric Gone bad...

Ugh! I've been sewing in my free time,but have nothing to show for it! Last night I was working out a peplum top McCalls 6754 with a piece of fabric I picked up at a thrift store. When I was sewing on the peplum I noticed some holes in the fabric. Since I didn't have enough fabric left to cut a new piece, I settled for calling it a muslin as there were some tweaks to be made to the pattern. Tonight I felt like I just needed to sew something successful, so I pulled out the Jalie cardigan I had cut out weeks ago. I have made this many times...fit is great...goes together quickly. I didn't stabilize the neck and the lovely sweater knit ran! Ugh! Rookie! Hopefully this string of calamities will be over soon!

4 comments:

Sarah Liz said...

Isn't that annoying when lots of sewing happens but everything turns out not wearable for some reason or another. I'm having a similar problem the last two weeks :)

Nanna said...

I feel your pain, I spent good money on a print only to have the neck line go way to far down, even after taking it up a whole size the neck line still drooped, I will go after that fabric again but this time will make a muslin first lol!
Helen

Maryissewfast said...

Thanks Ladies for your words of support! I probably would have been okay if I had not tried on the cardi before applying the collar band, but I was excited to see it on. I will rally on because there has to be a winner soon, right?

gMarie said...

Oh frustrating. I've spent the last 2 weekends of sewing time doing pattern alterations. This happens every time I try a new pattern. Why can't I just stick with what I know works?

I feel your pain. I hope you get a win soon. g

Project Dress a Girl

For the past couple of years, I have made dresses for Project Dress a Girl Around the World, in part thanks to the campaign launched by Mari...