Saturday, August 31, 2013

First Week In

I completed my first week at my new job! I am so happy with new challenges. Although the change was prompted for other reasons, being stimulated in a new environment is a big plus. After work Friday, I loaded up all the dogs and headed back across the mountain to celebrate Tom's last official shift before retirement and help pack the shop.  I didn't plan on being his last call. I dropped Kodi off at home because a 3 1/2 hour drive is hard on the boy. I took the littles back to the station to have ice cream with the boys. On the way home I was hit from behind by an uninsured driver as I turned into my driveway. I'm okay, praise God, but really sore. We got a rental car so I can head back for work Monday, but it's just one more thing to deal with...ugh! And still no sewing in sight! Oh well, things could always be worse...

3 comments:

gMarie said...

Oh I'm glad to hear you were only rear-ended. Yes, I said only. Because that means there was no fire! I do hope you feel better soon and that you aren't too hurt. g

Mary Beth said...

Too much excited going on. You almost made it home, too. What a bummer. Hope your neck is OK in the coming days

The Slapdash Sewist said...

I'm very late due to vacation, but I'm so sorry about your accident! I hope you're feeling better and that insurance is not ruining your life.

Project Dress a Girl

For the past couple of years, I have made dresses for Project Dress a Girl Around the World, in part thanks to the campaign launched by Mari...