Friday, October 18, 2013

Just a Drive By...

The boys got me up early this morning, so I thought I'd get a quick post in before getting ready for work. The temporary sewing studio is almost ready for production, meaning that now that the hunting season is over, I snagged the folding table to set up my serger and cover stitch machine. I have a folding sewing table that has my main machine and the Mac on it. The embroidery machine sits dormant, but I may need to get busy here and fire it up to make some Halloween goodies for my little man! Tom will work his magic to make my room all that it can be, but there are some other pressing projects, and he is finishing out the last of his contract, so now I am just planning! I bought a few patterns from the BMV sale.  Here's what I bought: Butterick 5950 , lovely dress shape with a couple of options, Butterick 5954  Shams made a beautiful version...looks comfy and cozy! and McCalls 6844 it reminds me of my favorite Jalie cardigan pattern, only with a peplum!
I just don't get to a fabric store like I used to in the big city for those pattern sales. FabricMart is my main fabric squeeze now! Well, it's almost 6:30 so I better get ready for work. I have a meeting in Bend today and we are closing on our refi! Woohoo! Time to celebrate!

No comments:

Project Dress a Girl

For the past couple of years, I have made dresses for Project Dress a Girl Around the World, in part thanks to the campaign launched by Mari...