Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Covid-19 Haze

 Saturday we got our 2nd dose of the Pfizer Covid-19 vaccine.  I was prepared to feel icky as many people had said the real reaction happened after their second dose. (Except for my friend Creagh that said all she experienced was a sore arm...I remained hopeful) We took it easy Saturday afternoon when we got home, but by Saturday night the fever, headache, body aches and nausea started. Sunday I thought I was going to die and yesterday I prayed to be put out of my misery! I made it through to day 3 and can finally see the light! I was able to drink a cup of coffee this morning, which did a lot to quell the headache and finally ate something.  It was rough, but I can only imagine how much worse actually contracting the virus would be. I'm grateful that I was able to get the protection against that deadly virus. Today I will regroup and catch up on all the things we've let go for the last few days. Hopefully I will make it to the sewing studio to start working on all the projects I have cut out. I pray you are all well and have time to create!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I thought of you last week as I was ripping apart a shirt I love to make a pattern of it so I can make more of them. I’ve never made my own clothes before.
Molly (Combs) Fairly

Maryissewfast said...

Molly! I was thinking about you just the other day! We have been dogless since 2020 when we lost JoJo and Sam (2020 was a bad year on many fronts!) Just last week we adopted a 4 year old charcoal lab from a family that didn't have the time or resources for him. Blue truly is a good boy, but needs some reassurance and consistency. I was afraid we'd never have another dog, but happily we were blessed with Blue. Glad to hear you are sewing. I hope you and your family are well. Hugs! Mary

Project Dress a Girl

For the past couple of years, I have made dresses for Project Dress a Girl Around the World, in part thanks to the campaign launched by Mari...