Thursday, April 1, 2010

My Happy Place

I made it home yesterday afternoon from my happy place.  And just in time too... another snow storm is set to hit.  The roads were really quite passable and my anxiety was for not.  I was quite taken with the beauty of the snow on the trees and actually driving in the snow was much easier than driving in the pouring rain!  Here is a picture of the shop, taken from the house.  What? You don't see it?  It's right there if you look past all the stumps.  You don't see the house either?  It will be there one day. 

We actually cleaned up a lot of the brush from last summer when burning was closed.  Tom dropped some more trees and Stan is going to come pull the stumps and level out the ground so we can build the shop.  The other exciting thing...signs of wildlife.  Tom was very excited to show me that elk have been visiting our property. 
I had a wonderful birthday celebration and it even snowed.  We worked til about 3:00 p.m. and then Tom took me to check out Homestead Quilts.  I had always meant to visit it, but I was always too tired or too dirty to go before.  It is a well stocked quilting store and the staff was very friendly.  I picked up a book, a couple of patterns and some needles with extra big eyes! Then we went out for pizza with a whole gang of friends.  It was a great day.  It was nice to come back to our west side home, and the cats were sure happy to see us.  Chief (aka the sock monkey) emptied out my sock drawer and scattered them all over the house.  She also knocked over a plant, but at least she left the bear rug alone!  She pouted for most of the evening, but today she is back to normal.  I did work on some sewing projects today, but nothing of note I can report on.  Hopefully soon...

3 comments:

julia said...

i can see the house in my imagination!!!

Gretchen the Household Deity said...

Happy Birthday!

Summerset said...

Happy Birthday! Yes, I can see a house being there and you loving it!

Project Dress a Girl

For the past couple of years, I have made dresses for Project Dress a Girl Around the World, in part thanks to the campaign launched by Mari...