Saturday, February 6, 2010

We now resume the regular sewing...

Whew!!! After marathon painting on my days off, I am really looking forward to some time in the studio! I finished the stairwell and hall and thought I was done with the trim, but alas I have a few more pieces to do! The end is in sight and leaves me with a little time to focus on what I really want to be doing...sewing! Good thing too...I have another delivery from Fabric.com due to drop in next week, so I need to make way. I am doing pretty well on getting the new fabrics worked up, but I have been buying with specific projects in mind.  I have this darling retro border print in pink and brown coming that is destined to be a skirt for my best girl. Tom is leaving for Fire Academy next Saturday, so my only responsibilities will be to keep myself and the critters fed and clean, so sewing will be the order of the week! Yee Haw!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I've got a day of sewing planned today, with hubby working an extra shift today. DD has a friend coming to play, so the kids will not be looking to be for entertainment. I'll have the embroidery machine running as I also prepare something fantastic for myself!

julia said...

Ugh...Painting!!! Hope you have a bunch of great sewing days ahead!

Project Dress a Girl

For the past couple of years, I have made dresses for Project Dress a Girl Around the World, in part thanks to the campaign launched by Mari...