Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Me Made March: Day 2

Nothing too exciting today. It's a Burda day today. The turtleneck from this Fall and a button down shirt from a few years ago...the exact vintage escapes me. Just a trip downtown to the Library, Post Office and market and now just messing around the house. I made peanut butter cookies yesterday using a Debbie Field's recipe. I was hoping for those big, fluffy melt in your mouth type PB cookies, but instead these turned out rather flat and thin. Enter light bulb moment! I took 2 cookies and a scoop of Mudslide ice cream and made the best ice cream sandwiches in the world! Tom even asked if he could take some to the station to have for snacks, that's how good they were! Awfully rich though...I don't think I can eat those every day and fit into my already larger than life wardrobe!!! I have started getting busy with the exercise though. Treadmill yesterday and today I mixed it up with a dance exercise video off NetFlix. It was really fun and the time flew by quickly. No one was home but me and the animals, which is probably a good thing, although Tom might find it all pretty amusing! I have been a good girl and scheduled my eye appointment (my Opthalmologist is retiring at the end of the month...I am so bummed) I told that man he had to do my other cataract before he went out...hope he has a good replacement! Also called my cardiologist's office for a refill. Who knew getting old could keep you so busy? Well, speaking of busy, time to get off the computer and get some things done around here. See you tomorrow...

2 comments:

Irene said...

Nice shirt! (I love stripes on shirts!)

The Slapdash Sewist said...

Peanut Butter Cookie ice cream sandwiches are making my oatmeal seem pretty unappealing! I am a convert to flourless PB cookies.

1 cup PB
1 cup sugar
1 egg

Bake at 350 for 8 minutes.

Project Dress a Girl

For the past couple of years, I have made dresses for Project Dress a Girl Around the World, in part thanks to the campaign launched by Mari...