Friday, March 25, 2011

The Return of MMM Photos

I finally got enough gumption to take a picture again. On the frontside of another double shift. Everything (with the exception of shoes and underwear) was made by me. The old standby leggings and lace Jalie cardigan with a new Vogue 8634 tunic that I finished last night. I had a bit of a sewing retreat on my days off. Wednesday I cut out 6 knit tops to sew up. I was on track to complete 6 tops yesterday until my dear husband called with a name tag order for the department, so I felt compelled to stop the presses and knock that out. I also had a hem job to do for a friend. The tops were all TNT patterns that I have made before and with the serger and coverstitch machine it is pretty easy to do batch sewing. It felt good to get some projects done and clear out some fabric. Since I have sworn off Fabric.com, maybe I can make some headway on the stash reduction program. Now I am into yarn stashing...bought enough yarn for 3 pairs of socks yesterday and will start on them after I finish the current scarf on the needles. Always gotta have some project going!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

gMarie said...

Wooo hooo! 3 pairs of socks. Can't wait to see them.

Love the outfit. I think today I wore all bought - wait, I did have one handknit socks. Whew! g

Katie said...

I love your top - such a pretty color :) What kind of knit did you use? I tried to make this with a lightweight hatchi knit from fabric.com and it did not come out that good.

Julia said...

turquoise is your color!!! I love it! You look so good in that whole combo! You are a busy lady. I think most of us sewist types have to have something going at all times.

Project Dress a Girl

For the past couple of years, I have made dresses for Project Dress a Girl Around the World, in part thanks to the campaign launched by Mari...