Sunday, March 27, 2011

Early Sunday Morning

It's early Sunday morning and I have no pictures for MMM. Not even dressed yet, save my old ratty bathrobe (okay, it's not ratty, but not a photo op I want to feature on my blog) I woke up at 2:00 am and couldn't get back to sleep, so I came down and got on the computer. I was rewarded with a video of the cutest baby in the world, and in the bonus round got to skype with his beautiful Mother! Insomnia has it's perks! Thought I would answer Katie's recent question about fabric used on the Vogue tunic. I have made 3 versions of this pattern and have been successful with all the fabrics I have used. The first was a grey wool jersey that I picked up at the thrift store. It has substantial body as I prewashed the fabric before cutting it out. The turquoise version is a poly cotton blend knit that is also pretty sturdy (not as much as the wool jersey). The third incarnation was done in a thinner matte jersey that I bought from Fabric.com when I was speaking to them, but it still is not a super thin fabric. I believe the cowl needs a little body to stand on it's own. This last one I eliminated the split in the front and just made it one solid piece. I love the raglan sleeve on this top and you will probably see more in the years to come. Maybe next time I will raise the neckline and eliminate the cowl, who knows? That's the great thing about being your own designer! To K.C.-no harm was meant by the turd comment made by Tom-that's just how we roll-we have been kidding each other for over 30 years now, so I don't see it stopping anytime soon! He really is a caring supportive husband and if he stopped saying outlandish things to me I would wonder if he was sick, (or dead!) I finished the lacy scarf last night while we watched "From Paris with Love". Interesting little action movie. I love a good John Travolta flick, and this did not disappoint, but I wouldn't recommend if foul language and violence offends you. Guess I will have to watch Eat, Pray, Love all by myself! :) It's time to go check the angel food cake. I am busy baking and putting things together as my sweetie is whisking me and the dog away for a romantic getaway at the coast on our days off. Okay, we are going camping in the 5th wheel to take advantage of the good clam digging tides. I ask you, does it get any more romantic than that?

2 comments:

Katie said...

Thanks for answering my question! I will have to give this pattern another shot with a more substantial knit. Happy Sewing to you!

The Slapdash Sewist said...

Mmm, homemade angel food cake. You can send some of that over here!

Project Dress a Girl

For the past couple of years, I have made dresses for Project Dress a Girl Around the World, in part thanks to the campaign launched by Mari...