Friday, July 15, 2011

A Quickie

I've been a sloth when it comes to posting pictures lately, so I snapped a few in the office of my latest creation...a simple T made from Simplicity 4076.
I love all the variations of this pattern, but found the back to be a little broad on me, leaving me with a big gaping neck in the back. I redrafted the back, taking almost 2 inches out at the top and now it fits perfect! This took about an hour to make and it was an op shop knit I got for some ridiculous sum...like a quarter! It was just barely a yard, but I eeked it out. Outtake: this is what happens when your timer goes off too soon!
Heading over the mountain after work today so I probably won't have any time online...lots of painting to do and enjoying time with Tom and Kodi until I have to return next week to get back to work. Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Julia said...

Great top!

Summerset said...

Fun top - love the stripes!

The Slapdash Sewist said...

One hour and 25 cents for a cute top? Perfect!

Erika Mulvenna said...

Hi Mary! You are one of the winners of my Button Stash Giveaway! Please email me your address and I will pop them in the mail for you. Congratulations!

Project Dress a Girl

For the past couple of years, I have made dresses for Project Dress a Girl Around the World, in part thanks to the campaign launched by Mari...