Sunday, October 16, 2011

No sewing yet :(

Unfortunately the best laid plans of mice and men...I have not sewn a stitch since I gave myself a deadline. Isn't that the way? My dear husband came home from work on Friday with a severly stiff neck, so when I got home from work I was still on nursing duty. He is improving, but I am still required to do the "heavy lifting" so to speak, so no sewing. He is sleeping now, or else I would be up there sewing away instead of down here singing the no sew blues! On a bright note, I am happily engaged in a new knitting project after finishing a Christmas present for a friend. Back to the sock mill, which are quick easy projects I can pack in my purse and work on whenever I have a free moment. I'm also reading a good book I borrowed from the library on my kindle "My Lead Dog was a Lesbian" by Brian Patrick O'Donoghue. It is so taking me back to our mushing days as this reporter recounts his experience as a rookie musher attempting the Iditarod. Not that I ever seriously entertained thoughts of running the Iditarod. Okay, I admit it was a dream, but only an unrealistic dream...I wear the scars as a red badge of courage. I loved our dog years. Mushing and the dogs taught me alot about myself. I digress...today we have a skype date with the kids and my work schedule changed for this week, so I am working this afternoon. It will be okay...I don't mind Sundays. I will get to see Laureen, our yoga instructor, which is always good. Well, I'd best move on to my other Sunday chores so I am ready when Tom gets up for our skype date!

2 comments:

Marjie said...

You were a musher? There's so little we know about you...always a surprise lurking.

Hope Tom feels better soon. As a chronic neck pain sufferer, I greatly sympathize with him. (And, of course, with his dear nurse...men are such babies about pain...)

Maryissewfast said...

Yeah Marjie...Tom worked with the first man from Oregon to complete the Iditarod. He kind of sucked us into the life and before we knew it we had 24 huskies. It was so much fun, but life has a way of changing and with that many dogs it made it difficult to do much else. I will post a pic later...

Project Dress a Girl

For the past couple of years, I have made dresses for Project Dress a Girl Around the World, in part thanks to the campaign launched by Mari...