Monday, September 19, 2011

Rain, Rain...Go Away...

Okay, the rain has only been here for 2 days. I know I should suck it up because Fall is arriving, but I was just starting to enjoy summer like weather! And the glorious tomatoes need more sun to finish ripening. 'Kay, Mother Nature??? The weatherman is predicting the return of the sun, so I hope he's right. Speaking of tomatoes, yesterday I canned a bunch. I had a couple of big bowls sitting on the counter and nothing galls me more than wasting good produce.  While processing the tomatoes I watched music videos with the Sony Media Player. I hadn't seen this feature...zombie like button pushing straight to NetFlix can blind you to new experiences...this is only available for free til the end of the month (probably be available at a price after that) so I need to enjoy it while I can. I chose country videos and they had alot of the older ones...Brad Paisley, Sara Evans, Craig Morgan, etc... It so reminded me of when Sara was a girl...we would watch a country video show every Sunday morning, followed by a realty show featuring houses for sale. This was long before CMT and HGTV. Made me a little misty eyed. We got to skype with Sara and Colt yesterday morning. Colt is a busy little guy! He keeps his Mama hopping! After I got the jars in the canner, I moved on to my next task of the day of swapping out my laptop that I use for the sewing room with our old desktop. We bought the laptop for Sara when she started on her bachelor's degree, and then "bought" it back when she got a Mac to start her Master's degree. It had been acting like it wanted to crash and take all my great embroidery designs with it, so it was a good time to back them all up on discs and transfer them to the more stable desktop. The monitor we had for this machine is ginormous, but I will find something more sleek and modern in the near future. Today I will finish straightening out the sewing room and be back in business. Well, the family is all up now, so time to think about cooking breakfast...Happy Monday!

1 comment:

The Slapdash Sewist said...

Whew! I am tired just reading about all that. Sounds productive.

Project Dress a Girl

For the past couple of years, I have made dresses for Project Dress a Girl Around the World, in part thanks to the campaign launched by Mari...