Wednesday, July 11, 2012

In my spare time...

I like to garden. Thanks to the return of the sun (and the rain we like to curse), my garden is flourishing. Cabbage and tomatoes anyone?
Or green beans and broccoli?

Or how about some squash?

The potatoes have gone wild!

We have already ate radishes, broccoli, lettuce, spinach and had the first few beans (I threw them in the Rice-a-Roni). Today was devoted to weeding the bank on the west side of the house. Ugh, it was hot! I started about 7:30 this morning and stopped about 4:00. There is still more work to do, but I waged a valiant fight against the blackberries. My arms are all scratched and puffy (I'm allergic to blackberries) and  Benadryl is on board. No sewing though...not a great idea while medicated. I'm itching to stitch up something (and Benadryl doesn't help that itch!) Maybe tomorrow...

2 comments:

Marjie said...

Once, I had someone in my car on benadryl, and he forgot to close the car door. Best to avoid the machines for a couple of hours. And I just saw your post on the retirement house; it's great! Congrats!

The Slapdash Sewist said...

The garden looks wonderful! Like having your own farmer's market.

Project Dress a Girl

For the past couple of years, I have made dresses for Project Dress a Girl Around the World, in part thanks to the campaign launched by Mari...