Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Up Next...

Spring has finally sprung here in the high desert and I'm moving on to spring things! This is the first year I have had a green house here, which is must if you want to grow a garden here. Our growing season is pretty short, and we are still having freezing temps overnight. One of my girls who owns a garden store in town said they don't start most of their plants until Father's Day because she doesn't want to heat the green house. My green house is only 10' X 12', so it is staying pretty warm already. The back half is already full with some bedding plants and seed trays of things I am starting. Tom built a planter box in the back and made me a long gutter planter. Pretty exciting stuff!

In sew news, I have a knit dress half made, a fleece jacket to cut out and a stack of fabrics to consider for some artful tees. I have cleaned one corner of the studio...Ha! Let's see if I can clean the rest of it before the sewing machine station gets fouled again! Rhonda Buss did a piece outing the disarray of her studio yesterday. I don't know...I think tidiness is a barrier to creativity. At least that's what I tell myself so I don't judge the mess in my room!

Busy day ahead...Quality Improvement meeting early and then a meeting in Bend for the Immunization coalition group I'm in. That means I will have to miss the Trauma Informed care meeting at noon. One of my girls said "you need to take more time off". Maybe I do...

No comments:

Project Dress a Girl

For the past couple of years, I have made dresses for Project Dress a Girl Around the World, in part thanks to the campaign launched by Mari...