Friday, April 23, 2021

Happy Friday

 Happy Friday!  It's a new day, ripe with possibilities.  What am I going to do? Not sure yet, but you can bet it will be fun! (If your idea of fun includes sewing)

Projects I'm working on:

The Sew House Seven Burnside Bibs. Funny story...when my husband and I moved to Vancouver,  Washington (back in the late 70's), I was just learning my way around Portland.  Tom would send me for parts sometimes.  No matter where I got lost, I always ended up on Burnside and could find my way home across the Burnside bridge! Our daughter lived on Burnside for awhile (up near 23rd, not crack town!!) I shudder when I think about how Portland has become 😥  Enough about that...this is a sewing blog!

Flag Quilt. I started working on the Flag pattern I picked up at the quilt shop in Westport,  Washington when we were out adventuring. I am sewing her on my new white Singer featherweight that Tom gave me for my birthday.  I have named her Pearl and she sews like a dream. I always like to make a special project with each new machine I get. Does anyone else do that? Maybe you don't collect old sewing machines like I do. 😁

Crochet vest.  I've been hooking it lately.  I vacillate between knitting and crochet in my yarn projects.  I have a large yarn stash, and my feelings lately is to use up what I have. The vest is an interesting chevron pattern and I'm close to finishing it. It's in shades of pink and burgundy that will go well with the burgundy Jeans when I get them made. 

I pulled some black and white polka dot ITY for Inside the Hems jumpsuit sew along in May.  We are making the Love Notions Sunday Romper, which is the Friday Feature pattern this week. You can get it for $5.00 today only. It's a great pattern!  I made one last summer and am happy to get another version in my wardrobe!  Love Notins has a new pattern coming next week...the Ballad top and dress. Be on the lookout for that because it looks to be a winner!

Well, I better get to seeing what this day has to offer...hope you are doing what you love!

No comments:

Project Dress a Girl

For the past couple of years, I have made dresses for Project Dress a Girl Around the World, in part thanks to the campaign launched by Mari...