Sunday, July 23, 2023

I'm Back in the Saddle Again...

 Or something like that if I actually rode horses! 😁 I'm trying to make blogging a habit again, so I added this page to my desktop to prompt me and making mental notes about what I want to express. It's been a relatively busy week for me. Nothing too earthshaking, but some excursions out into the world and a little bit of work around here. My friend's hotwater heater went, so that caused some angst (and a whole lot of work) She still went to our ASG picnic with me. I recently connected with an ASG group here in central Oregon and have really enjoyed spending time with my new sewing buddies! Pictures were taken (not on my phone), but I don't have any to share today. We took a group picture with "Maddie's Hair". Let me explain...my friend's 3 year old great granddaughter is battling leukemia. She was determined that she wouldn't lose her beautiful curls during chemo, but of course she did. A friend gave her a wonderful book about her hair "going on vacation" and coming back one day after the vacation is over. When her Mother asked her where her hair was going on vacation, Maddie said "with Grand Mom-Mom" (my friend). When she told me that, I immediately went online to find a hair piece that could be taken "on vacation". Creagh takes pictures of the hair wherever she goes, and it makes Maddie happy to see all the places her hair gets to go with Grand Mom-Mom! Cancer sucks! 'nuff said!

I've been sewing a bit. I'm currently working on some placemats and a table runner. I really need to make some pants! I spilled blackberry milkshake on my favorite Pietra pants last night, so that may get me motivated if the stains don't come out! I've been painting and diamond painting a bit too. What can I say...crafting ADD...it's a thing!

Today we are running to town to pick up some wheels for Tom's Jeep he's building and hit Costco (gotta make those trips to town count!) Then we are going to sand on the VW bug. This project was my brainstorm, but I've kind of been whiffing my part lately, so I need to help (Crafting ADD...🀣) And since I don't have a picture of the bug at the ready., here's a picture of our bus we are fixing up (another Tom & Mary production!):


2 comments:

Nadine in NC said...

Thank you for sharing the story of Maddie's hair. How wonderful your friend is to engage her granddaughter's attention in that way while Maddie is going through treatment. I'll pray for Maddie and your friend.

It's funny, but I used to do all kinds of crafts, but over the last ten years or so, I've let dgo of most of them and now mainly sew. It probably would keep my brain more active juggling between crafts: maybe I should take some of those back up again.

Maryissewfast said...

Thank you Nadine for your beautiful comment and prayers for Maddie and Creagh! I know they will appreciate them as well!

Project Dress a Girl

For the past couple of years, I have made dresses for Project Dress a Girl Around the World, in part thanks to the campaign launched by Mari...