Saturday, July 29, 2023

Upgrade!


 One of the other crafting rabbit holes I have fell into lately is diamond painting. The first couple of paintings, I did at the far end of our dining table, which was fine, because I could watch the critters out the window and listen to an audiobook, podcasts or music, but I couldn’t see the tv.  As I started doing more diamond painting, I moved a folding table to the window seat in the living room and could watch TV while I crafted, but all my supplies were out on the table and the cats found that highly offensive, knocking them off every chance they got. I don’t regularly peruse Craigslist every day, but yesterday I needed to go to Sunriver and thought…maybe I’ll check to see if there are any garage sales happening on my way or anything in the freebie section I might score. This drafting table had been posted for free the day before and I thought it would be the perfect setup! My sweetheart took me to Bend to pick it up (I think he just didn’t want me driving his truck 🤣) and then we swung into Sunriver on the way back to pick up my library holds. Our library has been going through an almost year long renovation, and while we had a temporary library location, someone drove their car through it, hence now the closest branch is Sunriver. It did speed up our renovation project, so our new and improved library will be opening ahead of schedule in September!

In sewing news, the placemats and table runner are almost finished. They will be quilted today, and then I will start planning a capsule wardrobe for Fall. Our next ASG meeting is about creating a capsule wardrobe, so I thought it would be nice to start thinking about it. I’m usually a “sew the next shiny thing” type sewist, and somehow my closet is somewhat cohesive, but sewing items that actually work together might work 😉. It’s only taken 50 years to have that epiphany!  Well, I better disturb the cat, feed the dog and get me some coffee. (You see where I stand in the rankings?) 

Have a blessed day!


No comments:

Project Dress a Girl

For the past couple of years, I have made dresses for Project Dress a Girl Around the World, in part thanks to the campaign launched by Mari...