Sunday, May 18, 2008

New Dress


I am so happy to be wearing a new dress today. Last night it was too hot to be outside when I got home from work, so I decided it was high time to spend some quality time in my studio on ME! I had this gorgeous Maggy London dress cut out and ready to sew (Thank you Marji for the wonderful gift pattern). Do you think I could find the pattern envelope with the instructions? The studio sometimes gets a little messy when I have a lot of jobs going on and I must have spent over 2 hours looking for this pattern. It took less time to sew the dress when I actually located it. It was in my stack of BWOF magazines under the counter. I was uncertain of how the twist went together, and now that I've done it, I'm sure I can duplicate it...It was SEW easy!!! I really like the fit of this dress too. No zipper or other closures...I was concerned about how it would go on, but it slips on like a nice fitted T-shirt. I can see me making some more of these in the dress and top version. I think I am going to draft another back with a rounded neck to do some casual tops. The V in the back is perfectly fine and does not reveal anything it shouldn't, but I think a higher rounded neckline in the back will be more conservative for work. I work a white cardigan over the dress today to make it more professional...don't want the boss getting the call "Mary's dressing like a tramp when the board is here". I also finished my yoga pants and they are so comfy...those will be nice for winterwear around the house. I have been reading some blogs where people are committing to sewing activities 30 minutes a day. I know I get bogged down thinking that I must have bigger blocks of time to sew and the reality of the situation is that those big chunks of my time don't come very often. If I want to get some clothing done I need to just do what I can in whatever time I can eak out and hopefully I will see some progress. That's the plan today, so with that being said...I think I will go trace out BWOF 104...I have big plans!!!

2 comments:

Adrienne said...

Yay! I love this pattern! I think it was one of the very first things I ever made!

You can call me Betty, or Bethany, or Beth ...Just don't call me late for dinner. said...

cute pattern... are we going to get to see that dress all finished and modeled?

Project Dress a Girl

For the past couple of years, I have made dresses for Project Dress a Girl Around the World, in part thanks to the campaign launched by Mari...