Monday, May 26, 2008

Music Monday

Posted on Monday for a change. Last week I wrote my Music Monday entry, complete with pictures and proudly posted it...on Tuesday! I was so clueless about the day, I didn't realize what day it actually was until much later. It was good for a laugh, and if you can't laugh at yourself, your world must be pretty serious! Anyway...on to the music. There have been a couple people singing in my head lately. First...Tina Turner. Specifically her song "I Can't Stand the Rain". Can you guess why? We were teased with some beautiful warm Spring days over a week ago and then the rain came back and has been my constant companion. Having grown up in the Pacific Northwest, I am no stranger to rain. Maybe it's just because it's Monday...The Carpenters "Rainy days and Mondays" sing it People!!! "Always gets me Down." How about Eddie Rabbit "I Love a Rainy Night"? No! No! No! Let's move forward to what I've been rocking in the car this week. I belong to a CD club http://www.yourmusic.com/ where you make a queue of CDs to puchase and they send you one each month for $6.99. It's like getting a surprise present that you picked out each month. The key is to keep your queue full, because until you opt out, if there's nothing in there, you are getting charged. But not to worry, that doesn't happen to me. This month I received Roxette's greatest hits. The 80's had a lot of rocking tunes. I fantasize that if I ever had a fashion show of my line, the music would start with "She's Got the Look" for my everyday wear, easing into "Dressed for Success" which would highlight my business clothing and then ending with "Dangerous" for the edgy finale of evening wear. Yeah...that's my fantasy. I actually wanted to be a fashion designer when I grew up. I loved working for Jantzen on the sewing line, which is as close as I came to that dream. I manufactured the garments that other wore, even thought they were not by my design. Hey, there's still hope...I can design my own collection...and you know what tunes I'll be working it to!!!

No comments:

Project Dress a Girl

For the past couple of years, I have made dresses for Project Dress a Girl Around the World, in part thanks to the campaign launched by Mari...