Monday, September 27, 2010

My Reality

Wow! What a week it has been! Trying to force my body into it's home time zone has proved challenging, but I'm happy to report that I'm finally getting there! The pets all seem to be getting back to their normal routine, although the Chief seems much more loving and attentive, even to the dog, much to his dismay! My first day back to work I picked up another embroidery job which I promptly knocked out (can't let those jobs stack up on you...they don't call me "Sewfast" for nothing!) and Sunday I embroidered a bunch of FSL angels for another project I joined. The angels took flight today, so before another job flies in I hoped to finish some of the UFO's that I cut out while the machines were being serviced and begin sewing in earnest on the Hepburn/Hepburn project.  I made a stop at my favorite thrift store this morning after I visited the post office. Linda immediately pointed out some wool fabric that someone had brought in. About 10 yards worth.  I really wasn't digging it and with my fabric closet overflowing, I passed, but I did pick up a copy of Vogue Sewing (circa 1982) for 50 cents.  It has some wonderful information about pattern alteration and techniques. It is a great addition to my reference library. The weather has been in a weird transitioning pattern. Yesterday was rainy and cold, so today I put on a long sleeve T-shirt with a cute little sweater...WRONG! Should have went with something short sleeve because it's hot! Live and learn! Anywho...one more day of work and then it's my weekend. Tom leaves to go hunting soon, so that means the machines will be humming! More on that to come...

2 comments:

Summerset said...

Glad you're back! Recovering from jet lag takes some time, doesn't it?

Donna said...

Hi Linda, I'm so glad you are back too. I remember now why I loved your blog. It's like reading about my own sewing lifestyle. I should start a home business so I can get paid for all this work! I'm impressed with your approach to sewing. Jet Lag is the pits! I suffered from it after Hawaii and Germany. It took a week to get over Hawaii. It almost seemed worse than Germany. I hope you are feeling all normal very soon.

xo
Donna @ Comin' Home

Project Dress a Girl

For the past couple of years, I have made dresses for Project Dress a Girl Around the World, in part thanks to the campaign launched by Mari...