Sunday, January 19, 2014

Easy like Sunday Morning

I love Sunday mornings now. When I worked at Guide Dogs for the Blind, Sunday was like...Thursday. I worked the weekends. Now that I have a traditional "weekend", I love Sundays, especially early Sunday morning. I have a kitty snuggled on my left and a Pom on my right, a nice cup of coffee and the day open with opportunity.
Saturday is a pretty good day too. We loaded up the snowmobiles and spent the day out riding with friends. This was my maiden voyage sledding somewhere other than our property, so I was a bit nervous riding out in public. The good news is I didn't hit a tree or run into anyone. I followed the group through a pretty tricky area down into a play area (the path was downhill, narrow and in some places only as wide as the skis) I needed help getting up the hill (got stuck), but at the end of the day I did pretty good. We took trail 4 up to the lodge and stopped at a landing over looking Paulina lake.
This was the view from the trail...Paulina is still one of my favorite places on earth and now I can get there in the wintertime when the road is closed to motor vehicles!
So back to Sunday...paper has been read, coffee has been drank...think I'll make brunch for Tom when he gets up and ease on in to the day. Sewing is on the agenda as well as knitting. I have a second sock on the needles with the heel turn started. I can't even remember when I started them, so it's time to get them done! Should be doable during the Seahawks game this afternoon. I hope your Sunday is easy too!

1 comment:

gMarie said...

Sounds like an absolutely fabulous way to ease into the day! I've been up for a minute with the dogs and I'm finally thinking about starting breakfast! Then it's on to sewing - great minds? Have a fantastic rest of your Sunday. g

Project Dress a Girl

For the past couple of years, I have made dresses for Project Dress a Girl Around the World, in part thanks to the campaign launched by Mari...