Monday, February 25, 2008

Cry Baby

Waa! My serger is officially dead...gone...too far gone to economically repair and the repair technician echoed that nagging thought that had been rattling around in my head for years...that machine was a piece of crap! Mind you, I really tried!. I thought it was me...I didn't understand the complex machine or how to use the coverstitch feature. I must be doing something wrong. The chaining finger broke twice. The loopers were bent and the needle was hitting them. The needle plate was broken as well. I was so upset I cried most of the way home. I have had a serger at my disposal for 30 years and the thought of living without one was devastating. Okay, the drama is a bit over the top, but suffice it to say...my machines are important to me. I just hate to waste money, and I believe that machine was not worth what we payed for it. My sweet darling husband was so good about it...in fact he took it back to trade it for the Babylock Evolve. I am totally overwhelmed at how good he is to me. Guess I will have to make a lot of hats to make a profit this year. Just figures now that the EMP6 is paid off! Oh Well!

1 comment:

Sharon Sews said...

Bad news, good news huh? Honestly I know just how you feel. I struggled with my Elna sewing machine for years before I gave in and bought my Pfaff. As you know my serger is still out of commission and I am missing it! I'll be interested in reading about your new Babylock Evolve, especially since I've had my eye on one for awhile now.

Project Dress a Girl

For the past couple of years, I have made dresses for Project Dress a Girl Around the World, in part thanks to the campaign launched by Mari...